The implications of the Species at Risk Act (SARA) has been identified as a priority by AAMDC members through the endorsement of several resolutions. The AAMDC recently provided a submission to the Government of Canada regarding seven draft policies, which support consistent implementation of SARA. These draft policies are:
- Policy on Critical Habitat Protection on Non-federal Lands
- Policy on Protecting Critical Habitat with Conservation Agreements under Section 11 of the Species at Risk Act
- Policy on Survival and Recovery
- Policy Regarding the Identification of Anthropogenic Structures as Critical Habitat under the Species at Risk Act
- Approach to the Identification of Critical Habitat under the Species at Risk Act when Habitat Loss is Not Believed to be a Significant Threat to the Survival or Recovery of the Species
- Species at Risk Act Permitting Policy
- Listing policy for Terrestrial Species at Risk
The AAMDC would like to thank members who provided information to support the AAMDC’s submission.
Specifically, the County of Warner provided the AAMDC with a copy of their correspondence on this issue, which includes valuable information. The AAMDC appreciates the County authorizing the sharing of their correspondence with the membership.
Enquiries may be directed to:
Director, Advocacy & Communications