The main purpose of the Trade Advisory Committee is to receive valuable feedback as representatives of the membership. Moreover, its primary purpose is to provide judicious advice, from a Member perspective, to the Trade Division.
Advisory Committee activities may include; study of critical issues, hearing Member testimonials, independent research and reviewing staff reports and recommendations. These activities are intended so that the Committee is prepared to discuss, formulate and forward well-developed, thoughtful recommendations to the Trade Division in a timely manner. In addition, the committee members will be expected, and not limited to, the following duties:
- Actively engaging in setting the overall vision, mission and strategic direction of the Trade Division on a regular basis.
- Advocacy for the Trade Division and its policies.
- Advising on programs/helping with organizational planning.
- The committee appointment does not empower any individuals to make final decisions, unless authorized by the Board or the group's enabling ordinance, or to supervise staff.
- The committee will meet quarterly.
The AAMDC's Aggregated Business Services (ABS) Trade Advisory Committee Members are appointed by the Director of ABS and governed by the AAMDC Board of Directors.
The Members that comprise the Trade Advisory Committee are structured as a way for individual Trade Division members to share their opinions and perspectives, issues and develop recommendations in a focused, small group structure.
The committee will be comprised of:
- 2 AMSA Members
- 2 Urban Members
- 1 ASBOA Members
- 1 Misc. Member (Government Entry)
- 1 Approved Supplier Member
- 2 AAMDC Staff Members