- Force Field Analysis
- Force Field Analysis is a method for listing, discussing, and evaluating the various forces for and against a proposed change. When a change is planned, Force Field Analysis helps you look at the big picture by analyzing all of the forces impacting the change and weighing the pros and cons. By knowing the pros and cons, you can develop strategies to reduce the impact of the opposing forces and strengthen the supporting forces. [Download Tool]
- SWOT Analysis
- Before you can plan for the future, you must examine the past and evaluate the present. One of the most effective ways to do this is through a SWOT analysis. SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. It is a framework for analysing your municipality’s strengths and weaknesses, and the opportunities and threats it faces. This will help you to focus on your strengths, minimise weaknesses, and take the greatest possible advantage of opportunities available. Carrying out this analysis will help focus your municipality’s activities on its areas of strength and where the greatest opportunities lie. [Download Tool]
- Root Cause (Fishbone) Analysis
- Action is the natural human reaction to issues in an organization. People try to solve problems quickly and in some instances actually make the problem worse by not truly understanding the root cause of the issue. The Fishbone Diagram is a simple tool to help you identify the true issue. [Download Tool]
- Community Preparedness Checklist
- This checklist is a good place to start when assessing your community’s readiness when beginning new development initiatives. It asks simple questions of your community’s current state (resource availability, public infrastructure, human resources, etc) to help determine key factors needed to successfully start development efforts. [Download PDF]
- Town Hall Tool
- A town hall session enables you to meet with members of your municipality to educate them on an issue and then discuss. It can be a useful tool in reaching a large number of people at once. This tool provides you with a process to host a town hall session. [Download Tool]
- Strategic Planning for Community and Economic Development
- This website provides an online tool that builds a simple but useful overall strategic plan. It could be used as a starting point for more in depth planning. Note: You need to supply an e-mail address to access the tool. [Go to Website]
- Data Collection Tools
- Almost all projects or initiatives involve the collection of data. This tool presents a number of data collection techniques that may be used to gather information. [Download Tool]
- Starting Your ICSP
- Before you get started building your ICSP, this quick checklist will help you identify any existing documents that may impact your integrated plan. [Download Checklist]
- Municipal Health Checklist
- The Association of Manitoba Municipalities (AMM) developed the Municipal Health Checklist as a self-analysis tool to measure a municipality’s strengths and to understand its challenges. It will help give you a better sense of your municipality’s current situation, and perhaps seek a particular direction for change. [Download PDF]
AAMDC Spring Convention Long Service Awards
Due to the municipal election being held in October 2017 we will be awarding the long service awards at our Spring Convention next week, so that we can recognize those who may not be joining us at our Fall Convention.
Recognizing individuals who serve their municipalities is an important element of the...
Read More ...