Clearwater County is seeking a TEMPORARY PART-TIME Election Coordinator (up to 30 hours per week from March to November) to administer the 2017 municipal election process and serve as the Returning Officer for Clearwater County.
Clearwater County is seeking a TEMPORARY PART-TIME Election Coordinator (up to 30 hours per week from April to November) to administer the 2017 municipal election process and serve as the Returning Officer for Clearwater County.
Reporting to the Manager, Intergovernmental and Legislative Services, the Election Coordinator’s responsibilities include serving as the primary contact for the 2017 municipal election, providing prospective candidate information, collecting nomination papers, assisting in the hiring and training of municipal election workers, ordering necessary supplies, attending incapacitated voters’ homes to administer their vote, overseeing advance voting polls, overseeing the Election Day, compiling results, and ensuring compliance with all regulations and requirements (including making declarations) of the Local Authorities Election Act.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Previous experience as a Returning Officer/Election Coordinator.
- Knowledge of the Local Authorities Election Act of Alberta.
- Previous leadership experience including directing day-to-day work activities of a diverse team.
- A team player with superior interpersonal skills including the ability to provide effective feedback and direction.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment under a variety of situations.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and vehicle.
Interested individuals are asked to submit your hourly wage requirements, resume and cover letter referencing 2017 Election Coordinator prior to noon on March 30, 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearwater County thanks all individuals who express interest in this position; however, only those individuals selected for interview will be contacted.