The City of Leduc has a position open for a LATS Operator.
Posting ID: 30025
Casual (must be able to work flexible, on-call hours)
Department: Infrastructure & Planning
Classification Level: $24.37 / hour
Reports To: Accessible Transit Supervisor
At the City of Leduc, we believe in living our values through accountability, leadership and environmental sustainability. We offer a thriving and supportive workplace setting that promotes transparency, innovation and community building. If we’ve caught your attention, you should know we’re currently recruiting for a casual LATS Operator.
This position is responsible for the safe transport of seniors and individuals with physical and/or cognitive disabilities, within the City of Leduc. This will include interaction with Dispatch Services, maintaining work records and preparing reports, cleaning, and, as required, fueling of vehicles. Operators work in all types of weather and road conditions. This job is physically demanding and drivers are routinely required to lift up to 20 kilograms. If you have a strong customer services background, and have a minimum of one year safe driving experience then this is the opportunity for you!
The selected applicants must pass required components, which include:
- meet the requirements as stated on this posting
- a class 4 written test
- a class 4 medical exam
- a class 4 road exam
- obtain a class 4 Alberta Motor Vehicle Operator’s license prior to training
- Grade twelve (12) or an equivalent educational level with formal training in driving and/or public relations
- Valid First Aid certificate required
- Valid Class 5 Alberta vehicle operator’s license; non probationary/no suspensions and no more than 3 demerits recorded over the previous two (2) year period (abstract required)
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Please send your cover letter and resume, quoting posting number 30025 to:
Visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/jobs
Competition closes at 12 noon (MT) on March 28, 2017. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.