This senior position is responsible for organizational advocacy efforts, government relations, indigenous relations and the activities that support these objectives for The City of Red Deer.
Join a vibrant outdoor centric community filled with trails and breathtaking nature along the winding river valley of Red Deer, in Central Alberta. Red Deer is an economically dynamic region of Alberta situated directly between Edmonton and Calgary along the vital QE 2 corridor. It’s a perfect blend of small town friendliness and big city conveniences. Host to the 2016 Memorial Cup and the 2019 Canadian Winter Games, Red Deer continues to welcome all of Canada with open arms.
This senior position is responsible for organizational advocacy efforts, government relations, indigenous relations and the activities that support these objectives for The City of Red Deer. They represent The City of Red Deer’s position to senior levels of government and ministers on key items and develop critical relationships in support of advancing The City’s interest on a regional, provincial and national scale.
Ideally to fill this role you will be a proven performer with an undergraduate degree in Public Affairs, Communications, and/or Political Science and four years’ experience in: local, provincial, federal legislative processes.
In addition you will have:
- Strong presentation, writing and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with honesty, sensitivity and diplomacy, maintain confidentiality and deal tactfully in an open and political environment.
- Ability to interpret complex or ambiguous concepts and present findings, alternatives and recommendations to multiple audiences in an understandable format.
- Ability to foster and maintain effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders both within the organization and external to it.
- Demonstrates appropriate confidence to earn credibility with Senior Administration and Council, while also earning the trust and confidence of associate’s at all organizational levels.
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage several competing, complex, evolving projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate on a confidential basis with senior executives and managers and to deal with confidential and sensitive information, including human resource issues in a professional manner and in accordance with City policy.
- Knowledge of local government issues and municipal policies and practices
- Knowledge of the legislative process at all levels of government.
What we offer:
In addition to the very competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of professionals.
We welcome applications until April 7, 2017.
For more information and to apply online, please visit us at www.reddeer.ca/careers or email your application to email@example.com.