With a population of 32,097, Parkland County offers a range of municipal services and a vibrant mix of agricultural, residential, industrial and recreational opportunities.
SAFETY CODES CLERK
(Permanent, Part-time; Job-Share)
Parkland County has a Permanent, Part-time Job Share position available for a Safety Codes Clerk in the Planning & Development Services Department. Reporting to the Supervisor, Safety Codes Administration, this position provides clerical and administrative support to Safety Codes Services within the Planning & Development Services Department in accordance with the Uniform Quality Management Plan. Specific responsibilities include information processing, responding to customer inquiries, permit application processing, receipt of payments and issuing a range of permits on behalf of the County. This position requires exceptional communication skills to provide excellent customer services in a professional, efficient and timely manner.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by post-secondary administrative assistant training.
- Two (2) years’ previous office experience with excellent writing and proof-reading skills.
- Familiarity with Safety Codes permit/inspection processes along with good working knowledge of construction, planning, and development processes and related documents (Safety Codes Act, Land Use Bylaw), to answer inquiries on the phone and in-person.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office along with the ability to adapt to new software.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to obtain a Permit Issuer Designation under the Safety Codes Act.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License. A current Driver’s Abstract must be provided.
Competition Number: 17-29AMC
Rate of Pay: $30.40 to $37.99 per hour
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/bi-weekly
Competition Closing Date: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Benefits: Extended Health Care and Dental/Vision benefits are offered.
- Parkland County is proud to be recognized as one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers for 2016. Please visit http://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-parkland-county to learn why Parkland County was selected.
- Interested candidates are invited to apply on our website at www.parklandcounty.com
- Parkland County has a nepotism policy in effect which limits the consideration of employees’ relatives for employment. Please contact Human Resources for further information on this policy (including the definition of a relative under this policy).
- For further information on our organization, please visit www.parklandcounty.com
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Government Act and will be used for Parkland County employment opportunities only. The personal information that you provide may be made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.