Big Lakes County is looking for a Director of Corporate Services to join our team.
Big Lakes County is looking for a Director of Corporate Services. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer and leading areas such as finance, information technology and human resources, the Director is responsible for the overall operations of the Corporate Services Department. Big Lakes County offers a competitive salary package, full range of employee benefits program including LAPP.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Commerce or Business Administration with a major in accounting
- Possess an accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at a senior management level in the financial accounting and reporting field of a municipality or government organization.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience leading an administrative support team, including managing resources, developing training and development plans, managing performance and holding people accountable, mentoring and coaching.
- Experience with computerized finance systems; Great Plains and Diamond Municipal Solutions would be an asset.
- Successful experience dealing with financial reporting, budgets, internal controls, business planning
- and asset management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Oversees all financial aspects of Big Lakes County. Ensures accurate financial reports, budgets, forecasts are provided in a timely manner.
- Strong advocate of financial process and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate and effective financial control systems are in place to safeguard County’s financial and physical assets.
- Records and monitors investments; liaises closely with the investment managers.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and performing work with accuracy.
- Ability to reference, interpret and apply legislation / regulations / terms and conditions / policies and procedures to determine an appropriate course of action.
- Knowledge of Information Technology systems and controls, developing and implementing policies and strategies for the County.
- Knowledge of Human Resources activities which includes general understanding of labor standards, compensation, administration policies, conflict resolution and employee relations.
- Knowledge of Records Management operational responsibilities, strategies, and policies for maintaining and utilizing information.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, appointed and elected officials, volunteer boards, committees and employee relations.
- A high level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
Submit cover letter and resume, including references to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Big Lakes County
Box 239, High Prairie, AB T0G 1E0
Big Lakes County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Visit our website at www.biglakescounty.ca for more information.