- Schedule appointments, plan meetings and coordinate activities.
- Deal with routine internal administrative matters on behalf of the Manager, Transportation.
- Draft and type general correspondence, reports, agendas, minutes and supporting documents.
- Follow-up on issues and delegated tasks on behalf of the Manager, Transportation.
- Gather information upon request and prepare summaries or background information.
- Assemble, prepare, and distribute material and information, as required, for meetings, conferences, etc.
- Respond to public inquiries over the phone, fax, email, or in person.
- Liaise with all members of the department to ensure the timely exchange of essential information.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for Manager, Transportation.
- Accept and receive payment of County goods and services for dust control applications, request for approaches and miscellaneous revenue.
- Record dust control applications in database.
- Maintain fuel consumption for department specific equipment.
- Perform back-up tasks where required.
- Perform special projects as required.
- Responsible for supporting the County's Records and Information Management Program through the maintenance, control, and disposition of the records for the department.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
- This position requires a High School Diploma and/or post-secondary training or certificate in Office Administration or equivalent of no less than 3-5 years related experience in a similar role in an office setting.
- Background in road construction and equipment would be an asset.
- To be successful in this position the incumbent must have excellent organizational and time management skills, exceptional ability in working and dealing with external and internal customer service, strong inter-personal and computer skills using Word, Access, and Excel.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively on your own and in a team environment is important. Job is performed in a normal office environment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application/resume by mail, fax or email quoting the competition number.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in Sturgeon County; however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Competition Number: 30-2017
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time till Dec 2017
Rate of Pay: $26.60 - $35.00 per hour
Hours of Work: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mon-Fri
Competition Closing Date: April 10, 2017 at 1 p.m.