Big Lakes County is seeking a full time Communications Coordinator.
Big Lakes County is seeking a qualified, highly motivated and organized individual to fill the full time permanent position of Communications Coordinator. This position reports to the Executive Assistant and is located in the community of High Prairie Alberta. Big Lakes County offers a competitive salary package, full range of employee benefits including LAPP pension.
- Maintain Big Lakes County website and develop content as required
- Write, design and distribute print and electronic communications (Newsletters, Brochures, Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn, and more)
- Assist in research, promoting events, and programs to a variety of audiences and media
- Special projects and research for other departments
- Responsible for liaising with other departments, public and attend council meetings in order to communicate activities in clear and effective manner.
- Design and coordinate the production of communication and promotional materials
- A degree or diploma in communications, public relations and or a combination of experience and education
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- MS Office including power point and publisher
- Experience with desktop publishing/graphic applications
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite an asset
- Knowledge of FOIPP
- Knowledge and experience utilizing social media
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and to build relationships with co-workers and the public
- Comfortable working in a complex and sensitive environment where a commitment to confidentiality is essential
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities without losing sight of long-term objectives and deadlines
- Strong organization, communication, interpersonal, time-management and administrative skills.
Submit cover letter and resume, including references to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Big Lakes County
Box 239, High Prairie, AB T0G 1E0
Big Lakes County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Visit our website at www.biglakescounty.ca for more information.