Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all County equipment, including, but not limited to the following; fire apparatus, fleet vehicles, medium and heavy duty trucks, medium and heavy duty trailers, off road equipment, lawn equipment & small tool.
LAC LA BICHE COUNTY
Full-Time Permanent Position
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all County equipment, including, but not limited to the following; fire apparatus, fleet vehicles, medium and heavy duty trucks, medium and heavy duty trailers, off road equipment, lawn equipment and small tools.
This position is responsible for the development and mentoring of apprentices and to ensure continued personal growth is maintained by all staff within the department.
- Maintain and repair all County owned vehicles and equipment at all locations
- Complete safety and mechanical inspections on all equipment
- Capable of ordering and receiving parts for repair purposes
- Responsible for the development and mentoring of apprentices
- Maintain clean and orderly service truck, shop facilities and help to maintain small tools and supplies.
- Ensure that all chemicals located on County Centre site are kept in accordance with provincial regulations and are clearly labelled and properly stored.
- Operate vehicles, tractors, skid steers, trucks, graders, and various types of equipment as required.
- Follow all the Lac La Biche County safety protocols and procedures.
- Perform all assigned tasks with efficiency and good workmanship.
- Able to respond and assist in Wild land firefighting.
- All other duties as assigned by the Manager of Equipment Services
- Qualified Journeyman HD or Automotive Mechanic
- Minimum Grad 12 education or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- WHMIS/TDG certification
- Must be bondable and able to perform CVIP (Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program)
- Must be able to operate a large variety of equipment
- Experience in organizing and prioritizing equipment repairs
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as alone
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the position on a daily basis
- Must submit a Driver’s Abstract, Criminal Record Check, Child Welfare Check, and Medical Assessment that meets the satisfaction of the County.
Salary range is $72,592.00 to $89,980.80 annually
- Lac La Biche County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package and pension plan.
- Competition number: 12-ET-17
- Closing Date: Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their resume in strict confidence to:
Attention: Human Resources
Lac La Biche County
Box 1679 Lac La Biche, AB T0A 2C0
We thank all interested applicants; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.