With a population of 32,097, Parkland County offers a range of municipal services and a vibrant mix of agricultural, residential, industrial and recreational opportunities.
RECORDS MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN
Parkland County has a Permanent, Full-time position available in the Legal & Legislative Services Department for a Records Management Technician. Under the direction of the Supervisor, Records Management Services/FOIP Coordinator, this position assists with the implementation of the records management program including administering the Electronic Document and Records Management (EDRM) system, records conversion processes, ongoing revisions to the classification plan and retention schedules, and disposition of paper and electronic records.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
• Educating internal customers on the records management procedures and guidelines.
• Training and supporting internal customers to use the EDRM system and other supporting technologies.
• Coordinating records disposal and transitory records destruction.
• Maintaining the County’s inactive and archival records storage facility.
• Assisting the Supervisor with processing FOIP requests as required.
This position requires well-developed interpersonal and communication skills. Experience working in municipal government along with familiarity with the Municipal Government Act (MGA) and FOIP Act is preferred. Other assets include strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, diplomacy, tact and the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment when required.
- Diploma or Certificate from a post-secondary institute in Records Management.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience administering an electronic document and records management system.
- Course completion and/or demonstrated competencies in computer operations and/or programs such as Microsoft Office.
Competition Number: 17-14
Rate of Pay: Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Competition Closing Date: Friday, April 28, 2017 at 4:30 p.m. or until suitable candidate is found.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
- Parkland County is proud to be recognized as one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers for 2016. Please visit http://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-parkland-county to learn why Parkland County was selected.
- Interested candidates are invited to apply on our website at https://www.parklandcounty.com
- Parkland County has a nepotism policy in effect which limits the consideration of employees’ relatives for employment. Please contact Human Resources for further information on this policy (including the definition of a relative under this policy).
- For further information on our organization, please visit www.parklandcounty.com
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Government Act and will be used for Parkland County employment opportunities only. The personal information that you provide may be made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.